Every summer, high school students are offered a unique law school experience by the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law. Students from across North America and around the world are invited to learn at Canada’s most prestigious law school!
During the Law YSP you will:
- Step into the shoes of a lawyer and immerse yourself in the practice of law
- Hone your debating and analytic skills, and start “thinking like a lawyer”
- Go behind the scenes at some of Canada’s largest courts and leading law firms and corporations
- Share ideas with other high school students from across Canada and around the world
- Apply what you learn through immersive, realistic, and complex legal simulations
- Receive valuable academic enrichment and career guidance
During the Law YSP, students currently enrolled in grades 10 through 12 can spend between one and five weeks at the Faculty of Law discussing advanced legal concepts, learning about the reality of the Canadian legal system, and applying their knowledge in a variety of stimulating environments.
For high school students interested in the law and legal issues, the Law YSP offers an unprecedented opportunity to spend time in the fascinating world of Canadian and international law, legal thinking and advocacy.
View the 2017 YSP Brochure