Every summer, high school students are offered an exclusive glimpse into the world of medicine and medical research by the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine. Students from across North America and around the world are invited to learn at Canada’s most prestigious medical school!
During the Med YSP you will…
- Be a student at one of the world’s finest medical schools
- Experience what it is like to be a medical researcher
- Learn from some of the world’s leading doctors and research professionals
- Work in cutting-edge laboratories
- Gain a deep understanding of how the body works
- Receive valuable academic enrichment and career guidance
From its home in the University of Toronto’s Medical Sciences Building, in the heart of Toronto’s “Medical Discovery District”, the Med YSP offers students currently enrolled in grades 10 and 11 four unique one-week modules that each introduces a major medical discipline.
Each module includes lectures from world-class faculty and hands-on experimentation, guided by distinguished medical researchers, in cutting-edge research laboratories. The Med YSP’s unparalleled access to the University of Toronto’s medical faculty and research facilities allows participants to experience what it is like to be a student at Canada’s premier medical school.